Sunday, September 10, 2017

Students will forget what the books taught, but they will never forget what the teacher said.

Reflective Journal


As what they say, books can only teach a child the meaning of creativity but they can’t teach him how to be creative, unlike the teachers can. A teaching profession is not a joke. It takes a lot of passion dedication and commitment to ride a wagon. We all know that their days will be made worse by the brats, unruly, noisy, annoying, hard headed, stubborn, importunate students and a lot more of adjectives describing them. And for me teaching is the most important profession because they are making the world a better place.

That’s why we as students cannot and will not forget what the teachers said to us because they made us feel that they are just around to make us learned and in one way or another they are just telling us students that we have to value education. We can prove to ourselves and to anyone else the factuality of the matter. I would like to cite an example to support my allegation in order to be justified. Whenever I heard or read the term “balanced diet” which my Grade 3 teacher had taught me, I can really understand it instantly because that particular term upon hearing or reading it creates a name recall. The first thing that crosses my mind will be the name of Mrs. Ocampo who taught me these words. How could I forget something if it is associated with my teacher’s name? That’s how memory recall works.

Earning knowledge from reading a book can be easily forgotten most especially for those who only want to clear their grades. Most of us read the books that are not with the consonance with our background knowledge that’s why the memory is only short-lived, this is according to what I’ve read.

1 comment:

  1. That’s why we as students cannot and will not forget what the teachers said to us and have teach to us> Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete